By Amy J. Fitzgerald
Read or Download Animals as Food: (Re)connecting Production, Processing, Consumption, and Impacts (The Animal Turn) PDF
Best agriculture books
Do you lengthy for the rustic existence? pastime Farming For Dummies is a realistic advisor that might assist you to deal with the entire fundamentals of small-scale farming, from transforming into fit vegetation to elevating cattle and handling your private home. you will see tips to come to a decision what to farm, offer safeguard and utilities, opt for vegetation, and shield your funding.
American agriculture within the 20th century has given the area one among its nice good fortune tales, a paradigm of productiveness and lots. but the tale has its darkish aspect, from the plight of the Okies within the Thirties to the farm challenge of the Eighties to present day issues approximately low crop costs and the effect of biotechnology.
Hindrance approximately our foodstuff process is starting to be, from the prices of business farming to the dominant function of supermarkets and habitual scandals in regards to the origins and content material of what we consume. nutrition for swap records the way in which substitute nutrients hobbies reply to those issues through attempting to create extra closed fiscal circuits in which humans understand the place, how, and via whom their nutrients is produced.
This booklet solutions the questions: what's taking place to American agriculture, and why? Steven C. clean makes use of portfolio idea to research either macro- and microeconomic information that paints a transparent photo of the traits in agriculture, and explains why those traits are in step with industry evolution and worldwide financial improvement.
- Monitoring Forest Biodiversity: Improving Conservation through Ecologically-Responsible Management (The Earthscan Forest Library)
- Diseases, Distribution, Epidemiology, and Control: Origins, Specificity, Structure and Physiology: 002
- The Soils of Chile (World Soils Book Series)
- Carbon Conflicts and Forest Landscapes in Africa (Pathways to Sustainability)
- The Complete Beginner's Guide to Raising Small Animals: Everything You Need to Know About Raising Cows, Sheep, Chickens, Ducks, Rabbits, and More (Back to Basics Farming)
Additional info for Animals as Food: (Re)connecting Production, Processing, Consumption, and Impacts (The Animal Turn)
Animals as Food: (Re)connecting Production, Processing, Consumption, and Impacts (The Animal Turn) by Amy J. Fitzgerald